Sunday, October 26, 2008

Shoddy workmanship

I have now joined an elite fraternity. It took me five weeks to accomplish the necessary tasks and earn the right to call myself a true member of this most prestigious club.

I fell through a dock.

Ok, so, I was walking down a dock to catch a water taxi with joe, when i heard a crack. Next thing I know, I'm falling toward the water at roughly 9.8 m/s^2. I actually had the presence of mind to get a grip as i fell and thrust myself onto another piece of wood so I didn't actually land in the water. I did, however, manage to scrape my left shin along another piece of wood, leaving a nasty trail of scrapes and a pretty impressive, baseball sized bruise in its wake. So I'm in a bit of pain. It's nothing serious, i didn't break anything, the dock excluded, and I've definitely had worse injuries. But I'll be fine here in a few days.

Other than that, I haven't been robbed lately, so I guess I'm doing alright.

Also, I moved. Again. Pictures to come.

adios

5 comments:

Unknown said...

:/
glad you're ok.
find a monkey we can smuggle back for me.

Unknown said...

OMG! Your Blog is the BEST!
Finally I found where to leave a comment, and I am going to add to Ladrones Del Bocas Del Toro about the gorgeous and well spoken waiter,,
:)

Unknown said...

Hey, I don't recommend the monkey, look at my flickr pics, I was attacked by the sons of Bitches!

Anonymous said...

Your mom gave me your blog address. It looks pretty amazing there. Gonna be hard to leave paradise when the time comes. Glad to see you wearing your UT colors proud down there. UT plays Tech Saturday ought to be a barn burner. Have fun and don't work to hard. Hook-em.

Uncle Troy

Anonymous said...

Oh shit! Is it wrong to laugh? It feels so good though...