Thursday, October 2, 2008

another day, another dollar

I'm back with photos of the super-busy restaurant.


DSC00326
This is a picture from the boat dock where I get off the water taxi everyday. It's a 75 cent ride across the channel to the restaurant. Taxis are easy to get during the day, but at night you have to stand out there with a flashlight and wave it like crazy to get someone to notice you. It's a fun game I like to play. I call it, "hail the water taxi with a flashlight".


DSC00328
Here's a picture from the inside of the place. You can see some of the tables and the bartender, Marisol, in the background. Also, note how many awesome customers we have! I'll give you a hint...zero.


DSC00342
Here's a picture of Marisol. She's actually a terrible bartender because her hands are stuck that way, but she's the owner's cousin so they have to give her a job. It's sad, really.


DSC00348
This is Juan. The Chef. He enjoys scuba diving, spear fishing, impregnating his wife and cooking gourmet peruvian dishes. He's actually a pretty cool dude and a damn fine chef. The other day, he made some dish for all the workers, and all it was was cut up hot dogs with rice in some sauce, but it tasted like heaven.

Here's a little video I took while I was at work. Not working. Because no one came in that night. At all.



So, I'm still working at the restaurant, though not for much longer. I think when I finish writing this, I'm going to call up the owner and tell him that it's not going to work out. I do like the job; it has some nice perks. At the end of the day, though, it's just not right for me. I could be working a dead end job 8 hours a day, seven days a week in Austin. It's just not what I came down here for. I know, I know, poor little rich boy. I just need to keep myself above water for a while, not buy the whole damn boat. Another job'll come along any day now, right?

Also, junior's been nagging me to come pick up my bike so I went yesterday and guess what? No freaking bike. "Oh, so sorry amigo, my esposa, she rode it into town." Ok dude. Whatever, you have one more chance. So I went today. Surely, SHIRLEY, it'll be ready and waiting for me to ride gloriously into the sunset? Right? No actually. "So sorry amigo, the bike, it has...flat tire. I call you when it's ready." Ok junior. Good luck getting rid of that bike that you spent, oh, i don't know, 2 weeks on. I'm going somewhere else. And I'm not getting a pink bike. Shove it.

So that's that. I didn't get to go to the beach today because it was rainy, but hopefully I'll make it over there tomorrow. With my camera. We'll see. Until then, bye for now.

adios

2 comments:

Unknown said...

junior sounds about as productive as i do...

Unknown said...

Did I mention my maid stole my camera while cleaning on Monday? No ransom offered, though. ANd now I am pissed, moving to Buenos Aires, but the last 2 tickets that were available this morning are now gone.....BITCH!!
love, Celeste
keep us informed where you end up.....