Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Orientation

So, one of the perks of being unemployed is that I don't have to get up at a certain times for things like responsibilities or whatever. That means I'm up late, and bored. So I decided that I'd give you guys a crash course in geography to help you understand where I'll be. It'll be fun.

So here's a big map:
Photobucket

As you can see, Panama (roughly the circled area) is a surprisingly horizontal country. I know! I'm baffled by this as well, but, after all it is our first line of defense against South America.

Here's a slightly more detailed map of the general area:
Photobucket

The circled area contains the town that I will live in, Bocas del Toro. Bocas del Toro, of course, means something in spanish.

Anyway, that's it for now.

1 comment:

mjwoerner said...

JJ ! thats awsome ....I wish i could do that ....enjoy your experience while you can....it's hard to find the time for things like that when you have a family, bills, ect ect ...for now i'll have to settle for my annual week in P.Vallarta !
good luck...need us to mail you any supplies let us know !
mike woerner